Big news everyone, I’m starting a new job across the country next month! Naturally, when packing I wanted to keep everything organized with as little work as possible.
Here’s what the packing process looks like:
- pack a box
- slap 4 matching barcodes onto it (top and 3 sides)
- scan the barcode with my phone
- log a picture of the box, and record some basic information
Now I have a dataset with all the scanned boxes, their pictures, and the information I recorded. I can scan a box to see it’s information, search the dataset for all boxes containing books, or download the spreadsheet onto my computer to manipulate however I want!
Here’s what the setup looks like:
- Pick up some printable labels (I used these)
- Use ID Automation (limited free version) to create a PDF of your barcode labels
- Print your barcodes out
- Download the app ScanPet (you can use it for free by viewing an ad each day!)
- Setup ScanPet