This week’s #MakeoverMonday challenge is about the yearly pounds per capita consumption of various meat products. The original chart is a line graph showing pork, beef and chicken consumption by year.
- Labeling every two years is busy, 5 or less would be better
- The colors for Pork and Chicken are similar, while the blue used for Beef stands out. If unintentional, the colors should be adjusted.
- I really love the ‘100 pounds’ label at the top of the Y-Axis. It shows the units very clearly, yet unobtrusively, without requiring headers
How it’s done
Step 1 – Create ‘Decades’
Step 2 – Build the View
Step 3 – Add a Trend Line
- After adding the trendline, edit it and uncheck ‘Decades’
Step 4 – Adjust Axies
- Make sure to apply these settings to both axies!
Step 5 – Tooltips
From here, it’s formatting and dashboard layout!